So How's Married Life
Okay so I have been married since April. We had lived together for 3 years before so why are people asking me "how's married life" as if something has changed. I feel like saying "Married life is sooo different is like I'm a completely different person. I am whole where I was halved." I really say "the same as shacking up" because it is. Marriage is only different if you do something crazy like change your name or combine your money. I did not do either of these things because I don't want someone to get mad that a bought something nor do I feel the need to volunteer my purchases. And I really don't want the hassle of changing my name. In fact since we are not filing our taxes together I checked the single boxes on my tax forms for my new job. I felt a little like I was cheating on a test when I did it. So I hope I never hear myself saying "how's married life"
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment