Monday, March 12, 2007

Baltimore city

So teaching in Baltimore city is sooo crazy. I have 20 kids in my class, 15 of them are boys. I had an assistant then I didn't now I have a new assistant who I like almost as much as my first one. She's young and was the K assistant but now she's mine. We went on two field trips this year, 1st one to the pumpkin patch, I didn't have enough parents and had too many kids on my own. The 2nd trip to Port discovery was much better. Parents that came took another child other than their own and had one or two at the most with me.
I still fight with these kids on a daily basis to listen, keep their hands off each other and stay in the room. We are not allowed to go outside for recess which I'm getting ready to ignore now that the weather is nice again. 7 hours is a long time without getting out any energy. We have a rest time, we are not suppose to but............

No comments: